You Are More Than
Just Another Accident Case

Car Accident Cases

Car accidents, car crashes or pedestrian accidents can be devastating and as well as life-threatening. Apart from the pain and suffering you feel, the hospital bills and other medical bills quickly start to flood in. Often, one is unable to work due to their injuries. Therefore, it is essential to hire a car accident attorney or personal injury attorney who can quickly organize and take over the situation so you are free to recuperate. My firm, The Law Offices of David Ascher, works to ensure that all bills are paid and that you can recover a monetary settlement or verdict for your pain and suffering.

My office also works quickly to uncover all facts, witnesses and photographs to help prove your case. I also investigate the available insurance policies to further maximize money recovery. In some situations, there is additional coverage through your own vehicle insurance known as “Supplemental Uninsured Motorist” (SUM) coverage, which allows for further insurance benefits. This is all investigated immediately.

Helping You Understand Your Rights

In the state of New York, all hospital bills, medical bills, diagnostic tests and verifiable lost wages are covered under what is commonly known as “No Fault” benefits. Every motor vehicle insurance policy provides for these no-fault benefits. There is a 30-day time limit to file an application to receive these no-fault benefits. It is therefore important to consult with a car accident attorney or personal injury attorney to make sure that all necessary insurance companies are put on notice of the claim and file the application so no-fault benefits can be received and bills and wages can be paid. Again, it is important to consult with an accident attorney who will make sure these bills are processed and paid. As your attorney, I will ensure that bills are paid and your wages are issued by the insurance company.

In New York, you can sue the negligent driver for “serious injuries.” To obtain monetary compensation for your pain and suffering, I can file a lawsuit against the negligent driver or drivers. As your attorney, I conduct a full investigation of all the facts of the car crashes. Often, a settlement can be reached without a formal lawsuit in court. Each case is different and is handled personally by me, attorney David Ascher.

It is important to recognize that all lawsuits arising out of car accidents or crashes are regulated by the state laws of New York. Often, I try to demonstrate that the defendant has violated a section of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law, or VTL. This law regulates how close vehicles can travel together, the law regulates turns, stopping at signs or traffic lights and many other driving points. I carefully review the facts of your car accident, pedestrian knockdown or rear-end collision and determine whether the defendant is in violation of any of the codes contained in the VTL. The law lists behavior such as “following too closely” and other critical violations that assist in demonstrating that the defendant was negligent.

It is also important to demonstrate to the insurance companies for the defendants the severity of your injuries. My office carefully obtains and reads all records. This is important because the insurance companies will often defend cases with the argument that the injury is not “serious.” I fight these insurance company claims by making sure all injuries are properly outlined.

As with any accident or personal injury, a thorough investigation takes place, and a lawsuit or claim is commenced. I stay in constant contact with my client. I work to ensure your car accident case, your crash, or your personal matter is handled professionally to maximize your full recovery under the law.

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do at the scene if I am in a car accident? It is recommended that you exchange license and insurance information with the other driver. Do not discuss the facts of the accident. Secondly, call the police and wait until the police arrive.

Should I go to the hospital or doctor? If you are experiencing any pain, discomfort or other symptoms, you should seek medical attention.

If I get a call from the other vehicle’s insurance company should I speak to them or give them a statement? It is advisable not to give a statement to the other person’s insurance company. You should get the insurance company claim representative’s name, any claim number and their phone number, but do not speak to them. You must assist your own insurance company and provide all information they request.

What are the necessary documents to bring to the attorney when I have my free consultation? You should bring the police report, your insurance policy or at least the declaration sheet showing all the coverages, all household insurance coverages, any photographs of the damage to the vehicle, any papers received from the hospital or doctor and any repair estimates or receipts you have in connection with the car crash or car accident.

Learn How I Can Help

I encourage you to look at “Recent Developments in the Law” to see actual car accident or car crash cases in the news and in the court. Please call me, David Ascher, at 212-964-1515 with any questions or complete my online form to schedule a consultation.

Share This